Total Pageviews

01 April, 2020

Pandemic

Hey friends.

Who knew 2020 was gonna be like this? 

It's pretty wild to think about how this event will be in future history books in school. 
It seems like the pandemic has brought out the worst in a lot of people. Regular folks are starting to "cancel" celebrities or/and influencers who have said a bunch of things that should not have. I usually try to not be so opiniated about these things (about most things actually...) but i'm shocked to see/hear what have been said online. 

People who have been leading such luxurious lives has forgotten how to be grateful. When the needy gets deserving help from the higher-ups, the blessed feel the need to throw tantrums. Despite the apologies by some socialites, the words have scarred many. I can only pray and hope that people learn to be kind and show compassion especially at times like this. 

I am grateful that I have a home to come back to. I'm grateful to have food. I'm grateful to be in Singapore. Every country has their limitations but when one compares our tiny country to many massive ones, we're actually doing pretty okay despite the frenzy.

Naturally, a lot of jobs have been affected and unfortunately, classes have been suspended which means, unpaid leaves for me. I wasn't surprised when I was updated regarding the matter. It was only a matter of time before all enrichment and tuition centres start to close down. I am incredibly thankful for a boss that understands and cares. In the midst of all of these, she still find ways to help my workmates and I so we could also stay afloat. The govt issue states that the suspension will end on the 30th of April but from now till then, a lot of things can happen. We are definitely hopeful but at the same time, open minded. A lot of centres and gov-based schools are opting for online classes but I don't think it is ideal for us. My workmates and I are currently preparing future projects and creating an array of samples and visual aids so we'll be ready to go. We are going to keep working hard until we're ready to re=open doors. 

If God opens the door of opportunity for me, next week i'll start relief teaching elsewhere,
Insha'Allah. The admin lady who called was very kind and she explained how the pay is going to be low because of the virus situation. I don't mind at all, honestly. Surely anything is better than nothing.
I thought about staying home and doing a bunch of self-caring activities (Netflix, included) but the thought of no pay coming in, sends me out of space.

I have always been a workaholic and I don't mind it one bit. Perhaps a temporary change in environment is good for me. I'll get to learn new things, meet new kids, build relationships and so much more. I would like to believe that these things are happening as a "cleanse". I try to stay indoors as much as I can help myself. I urge you guys to do so too. Only head out when in need. 

May God protect us all.

Stay safe, friends. May we recover from this blow with grace.

x


No comments:

Post a Comment